Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Sunday, August 14, 2016: At the beach

I was beyond tired. I cannot handle staying up until 2am here like I did the night before watching Beach Volleyball… I’m definitely not in my 20s anymore… Watching Beach Volleyball was worth it, but I was still struggling. I decided to take a half day and go back to the hotel/beach area when a few other people were. It was pretty quiet at Flamengo and it was a Sunday (so not as much work from back at home), so it wasn’t a big deal to take off.

However, it wasn’t the greatest of greatest afternoons. Bridget and I met up with Gary and his family at a little restaurant on the beach. But, it really wasn’t what we were looking for in terms of food or atmosphere. I had one piece of bruschetta from this shack restaurant that was not that appetizing. There was also extremely loud music, crowded, hot, people partying (literally dancing next to us) and took about an hour just to get a drink. I would have like a quiet nice quaint restaurant with good food by the beach, and then lay out on the sand. That would have been a perfect afternoon. Not this. We did walk down to the ocean and put our feet in the water which was a little piece of vacation-feeling, but not enough.


Taking a “half-day” though meant leaving work at 1:30, and getting to beach after 2. After our restaurant fiasco, it was already 4pm when Bridget and I walked back to our hotel. Being extremely tired, I wanted to rest up, more than anything. I got a take-out Caesar salad and enjoyed an early night, which was all I wanted. I wish I could have more exciting things to write about this day, but I just don’t. More to come in future days, I am sure.

 Enjoying a brief moment by the ocean

 Crowded Copacabana Beach

Lots of people in all directions!

No comments:

Post a Comment